Thursday, May 30, 2013

What??? Greek yogurt??

I have always had a hate/hate relationship with yogurt.  My mom always tried to get me to eat it growing up, I tried to eat it when I dieted in college, I tried it again when I had babies because it was good for them too, right?  Noooooooo.....YUCK!  I hated every, single, slimy, icky bite.  Didn't even matter how much sugar they could cram into it!  BUT.  Things have changed.  I've been doing THM for 5 weeks now and I've tried quite a few interesting ingredients and have actually liked them!  This "drive-thru Sue" never really thought I'd like flaxseed, glucomannan, stevia, coconut oil, let alone like and CRAVE them!!  SO, I had a couple of ladies who where encouraging me to use 0% greek yogurt instead of sour cream for my E bean burritos.  Uhhhhhh......nah.  I said "thanks", but didn't plan on trying it.  Then I walked by the dairy section of WalMart.  And that yogurt was just calling my name.......I bought it and brought it home and put it in the fridge where it sat for a whole week without seeing the light of day.  Every time I opened that fridge, it was the first thing I saw!  Ugh.  So this morning I made a bean burrito, opened the greek yogurt, spooned it on, took a bite and..................................................................................................





I actually liked it!!!!  Oh, yeah!!  It was SO yummy!!!  I was SHOCKED!  Then I decided to try it in a smoothie (who is this girl???!!)  And it was the best thing ever!!  So creamy!!  So smooth!!  So yummylicious!!!  Here's my recipe!



Dana's Very Yummy Greek Yogurt Smoothie!

This is a FP smoothie!!

3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 handfuls of frozen strawberry slices
2-3 tsp of Truvia
3 shakes of pure Stevia (with only 3 of the small holes open)
2 Tbs lime juice
1/2 scoop of Swanson whey protein powder
1/2 cup of 0% Fage greek yogurt
4g of inositol powder (this is a supplement that I've just started taking for insulin resistance)

Throw all of it in your blender and mix until smooth!  Feel free to adjust these amounts to suit your own tastes!!  Makes 3-4 cups of smoothie!!  Yum!  Enjoy!!

Happy Thursday!
Dana

P.S.  I was so excited about the smoothie that I forgot to give my week 5 update!  Oops!!  I didn't lose anything or gain anything this week!  And for the first time EVER.....I'm truly ok with it!  I know that I ate well this week and that almost everything that went in my mouth was a blessing to my body.  I also have PCOS and since this past week I ate a LOT more E meals, I think my body just doesn't know how to process them well at all.  I'm just letting my body do it's own thing, in it's own time.  Wow.  What a blessing to my usually hyperactive brain!  No more looking back over the week before to find where I "messed" up!  WooHoo!  And I got into my favorite pair of capri pants!  I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment