Thursday, May 16, 2013

Waffles!!!!.....

Good morning!  I have a BIG announcement today!!  ;) 


I ate WAFFLES for breakfast!!!!




I know, you are all shocked and surprised!  LOL!  j/k!  I'M shocked and surprised!  After eating low carb for YEARS, this Trim Healthy Mama way of eating is amazing!  I LOVE being able to eat carbs AND lose weight!  So, without further ado, here is the recipe!

E Waffles - this recipe made 4 waffles for me!
1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites (I use Great Value brand in a carton)
dash or 2 of salt
2 tsp Truvia
2 shakes NuNaturals Stevia (small holes)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda (I use aluminum-free)

I started by pulling out the nut/seed blade for my Magic Bullet and giving the oats a spin.  It made oat flour and made sure we didn't get big chunks of oats in our waffles!  (but if chunky waffles are your thing, go right ahead and leave them whole!)  :P
Then I blended everything in my food processor and it looked just like regular waffle mix!  If your mixture seems a little thick, add some water.....but only a little at a time!  (don't ask how I know this!)I would like to add, since there is NO oil in this recipe, you will need to spray your waffle maker EVERY TIME you make a waffle!  Just a little squirt will do, but it is necessary!  Trust me!  ;)  (don't ask how I know this either!)

Now for the "syrup"
4 oz of low fat cream cheese
between 1/8-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 shakes NuNaturals Stevia (small holes)
1/4 tsp vanilla
maple flavoring (I used some sugar free maple syrup)

I blended all of that in my Magic Bullet, adjusting the almond milk until I had a good syrupy consistency!  I warmed up 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and mixed in about 2T of the syrup and poured it all over my waffles!  YUMM-O!!! 


I'm so thankful that God guided my path toward this new, healthy way of eating!  It's been a wonderful, waffle-y blessing!!

Happy Thursday!!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment