Sunday, February 1, 2015

Here I am.....again.

Well.  It's been over a year since my last post.  I'd love to tell you that I spent that year following THM and am close to my goal weight.....but I can't.  Unfortunately I fell into a bad cycle of getting on plan, hating the sugar detox, falling off plan and gaining more weight than before.  I fell into a pit that I had a VERY hard time getting out of, but the good news is, I did it!  I started re-reading Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst and it has really helped!  I've been working through it slowly while trying to apply what I'm learning.  It isn't easy, but is so worth it!  Dec. 1, 2014 I started doing THM half-heartedly and the last 2 weeks I've been totally committed!  I'm down 13.5 lbs as of this morning and I'm THRILLED!
One area I've struggled with in the past is the fact that I'm what the THM book calls a Drive Thru Sue.  I love it when food is simple and easy and doesn't require hours of prep time!  It's been a bit of a challenge to find my groove in that area, but I think I've finally managed it!  I'll do a more extensive post about that another time!
Another struggle I've had is the fact that my hubby does not follow THM.  He likes his carbs with fats, he likes his sugar-laden sweet tea, he does not like anything with almond flour!  It's made things a bit of a challenge.  As I continue to figure out how to cook dinners to suit both of us, I'll share those tweaks and adjustments!
In the past I've lost about 10 lbs and then quit.  I tried to be a purist and I'm just not!  I'm a Drive Thru Sue and I don't mind using an occasional off plan item to make my life easier!  So, if you are a purist, good for you!!  For me, coming from such a horrible, junk-infused past diet.....using a bit of sucralose or carbquick or an occasional diet Dr. Pepper doesn't phase me.  I may eventually phase these things out, but not right now.  That is part of the beauty of this plan!  You can work it to fit your lifestyle!
Ok, it's now 1am and my laptop is runing out of juice (and so am I!!).  It's great to be back!  Can't wait to share my experiences and recipes and adventures on this journey!!

Blessings!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment