Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chilled Avocado Soup.......Finally! ;)

Since I promised a week ago to share my Avocado Soup recipe.....I figured I should make good on it!  I used an avocado recipe of Martha Stewart's and changed it up so much that it isn't even similar to the original!  (except for the fact that they both use avocados and are chilled!)


Chilled Avocado Soup (Martha Stewart Recipe altered by me)
THM peeps, this is a S soup!
Ingredients
·         3 ripe avocados (I used 6 small)
·         1 ½ cups kefir (I make my own, so this is what I had on hand)
·         ½ cup half&half
·         Several dashes dried dill
·         1/3 cup diced onion
·         1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
·         1 teaspoon coarse salt
·         2 shakes cayenne pepper
·         2 T Lime juice

Directions
1.    Halve and pit avocados. With a spoon, scoop out flesh and transfer to a food processor.

Add all ingredients and blend until smooth. 

The soup will be pretty thick at this point so add chicken stock until it is a soup-y consistency.
2.    Cover the blender and refrigerate until the soup is well chilled, at least one hour.
This makes about 6 healthy servings!

Bon Appetit!!
Dana 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment