Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!!

Usually I start my New Year's out with a bunch of resolutions......lose weight, get serious about being healthy, workout more, yada yada yada.  And it just never really happens.  I start out with great intentions, some heroic tries, but always fall off the health wagon.  Not so this year!!  I'm not making any resolutions that have anything to do with my health!!!  WHAT?!!  Yep!  That's right!  I don't need to!  Trim Healthy Mama has become my normal; my everyday; my regular, old boring life!  I don't weigh myself everyday anymore, my clothes give me a better idea of what's happening with my size!  I don't have crazy, uncontrollable cravings for sugar and junk food anymore.....healthy, whole foods are much more satisfying!  No more brain fog (and the Lord knows I need all the brain power I can get!!).  No more crazy blood sugar spikes!  My A1C went from 6.7 to 6.1 in just 3 months this past Fall!  I do still use a daily med for my arthritis, but I'm praying that as my body shrinks, I'll be able to stop taking it!  My arthritis and inflammation is already better.....I was suffering all day, every day before I totally committed to THM.
Now, I won't tell you that I don't ever struggle with being tempted to eat junk or sugary foods, but the irresistible pull they used to have just isn't there anymore!  It is an amazing miracle!!
If you'll notice, I haven't even shared how much weight I've lost!  The weight loss has just been the icing on a very yummy, healthy cake!!
Now for the numbers!   I started out at 309 lbs, the heaviest I've EVER been, and the most miserable.  As of Christmas Day, I'm down 40 lbs!!  I'm down to 269 lbs and feel AMAZING!  I still have a long way to go (110 lbs to be exact), but I just take it 10 lbs at a time!  Slow and steady wins the race!  I'll post before/during pics in a couple weeks for my Trimaversary!
So let me just encourage you, if you've tried all the crazy diets (like I have!), try one more eating plan....Trim Healthy Mama!  It'll be the last "diet" you ever try!

If you decide to take the plunge, here are my suggestions for getting started.....


I pray that we all have a very joyful, blessed New Year!!

Blessings,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment