Monday, September 14, 2015

It's a new week!

I know I just posted last Wednesday and it's just now Monday, but my weekend has been insane.  I'm sure yours has too!

We met up with our besties from college!  Our oldest daughter watched all the kiddos (6 total) while we parents went out to dinner and coffee!  It was WONDERFUL!!!  And I stayed on plan!  ;)  We spent the night and the hubs & I attended some foster care training the next morning then met everyone at the ball field for some Fall baseball!  It was such a great 24 hours!  Love our sweet friends!  (My hubby and I are on the bottom!)


Oh!  Have I ever mentioned that our family is in the process of becoming a foster family?  Yep!  We are in the process right now!  It's going slower than we thought, but God's timing is perfect!  More on this in a later post!

Favorite recipe of the week goes to.....Me!  LOL!  I've been having a serious craving for apples and peanut butter, and not just 1 tsp of peanut butter!  So I came up with a yummy, low fat, peanut butter dip!



Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip - THM E

1/3 cup defatted Peanut Flour (I use THM PB flour)
1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt (I make my own with this recipe.)
1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt (or whatever salt you have on hand!)
2 Tbsp Gentle Sweet
1/2 tsp Sweet Blend
1 Tbsp Gelatin (optional - I use this kind)

Blend well using a hand held mixer!
Makes 3 servings & only 2g of fat in each serving!

It's my first THM recipe and I hope y'all like it!

I'm heading into Week 2 of my 30 day THM challenge!  I lost 4 lbs this last week!  LOL...that rarely happens, but I'll take it this week!  This nice loss gives me.....


I'm officially 27 days on plan and sugar-free!!  WooHoo!!!!  I'm so excited!  Saying no to sugar is getting easier.

I've had a family crisis this last week....it's an ongoing issue that has wreaked havoc in my extended family.  It's something that always pushes me to "use" sugar for comfort.  This time around, I was tempted, but asked the Lord for help to stay on plan knowing it would be easier to deal with the stress and pain with level blood sugar!  I did it.  I'm really proud of myself and so thankful to God for guiding me, & giving me the strength to look to him instead of to sugar!  Prayers for wisdom, peace and a miracle would be appreciated.

That's about all I have for now!  Enjoy your week!  Here's my quote of the week.....


Blessings!

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment